Vegetables from the sea has now become one of the highly nutritious food source. Seaweed is rich in various nutrients such as vitamins and minerals your body needs.
If you are also interested in tasting this one super food, first identify the types of seaweed and their usefulness. Listen more, as quoted from Care2 below.
1. Bull kelp (Nereocystis luetkeana)The seaweed is rich in calcium, magnesium, sodium, iodine, potassium, bromine, phosphorus, iron, vitamin B complex, and vitamins A, C, D, E, and K.
Some uses of bull kelp is overcome insomnia, depression, heartburn, and hyperactivity problems. Bull kelp itself has a sense of style fresh salty sea after drying.
2. Kombu (Laminaria species)Dried kombu has a natural saltiness. When chewed, kombu bit slippery and more delicious if cooked before consumption.
Nutritional content is not much different from bull kelp are rich in iodine, calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, sodium, chromium, protein, phosphorus, carotene, vitamin A, C, D, E, K, and B complex.
For medical purposes, kombu is anti-viral agent, potent relieve muscle and joint pain, lowers blood pressure, improves sleep, heal damaged tissue, helps lose weight, to prevent tumor growth.
3. Bladderwrack (Fucus species)Bladderwrack Seaweed tastier because much like oysters. The taste indicates a high iodine Bladderwrack. In addition to iodine, seaweed this one also contains calcium, potassium, protein, phosphorus, vitamin A, C, D, E, K, and B complex.
Bladderwrack is a potent medication to deal with anxiety, depression, and sharpen memory. In addition, the seaweed can also help you lose weight, increase energy, strengthen bones, and reduce inflammation.
4. Giant kelp (Macrocystis integrifolia)If dry, giant kelp has a mild salty flavor. Usefulness is a healthy thyroid, regulate hormones and metabolism, enhance the immune system, rich in antioxidants, and maintaining heart health.
Efficacy can be obtained from the giant kelp because it contains potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium, sulfur, nitrogen, iron, zinc, boron, manganese, chromium, selenium, vitamins A, B (particularly B12), C, D, E , K, and fatty acids.
5. Wakame (Alaria species)Wakame has salty and savory. Suitable to be consumed as a snack. Nevertheless, wakame nutrition can not be underestimated. Call it the calcium, protein, iron, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, potassium, chromium, zinc, iodine, vitamin B complex, A, C, and K.
Some wakame for health benefits is weaken tumor cells, detoxify the body, lowering blood pressure, cleanse the liver and blood circulation, and healthy skin and hair.